When I tell people what I do for a living, they’re often surprised to hear that I work with clients either on Skype or over the phone.
I have clients from all over the UK, and they love the fact that we can connect no matter where they live and from the comfort of their own homes or offices.
However it can initially seem a bit alien if you’re not used to working this way, so let me take you through some of the benefits of online coaching compared to face to face coaching:
- You don’t have to spend time travelling to a hired room somewhere close to your home or office.
- You can dial in for a session from wherever you are, whether that’s from your bedroom or kitchen, a meeting room in your office at lunchtime, or even when you’re travelling abroad.
- By working with a coach online, you have much greater choice over who is the best fit for you and who you click with. You’re not limited by the availability of local coaches in your area.
- I know you’re busy and will be juggling many things in your life. You will have a preference about which days/time of day works best for you, so I use a simple online booking calendar which allows you to see my availability, choose a slot which suits you, sends you an appointment reminder and also allows you to easily re-arrange if necessary (with 24hrs notice).
- Many of us are used to talking to friends, family or colleagues via Skype or FaceTime, and so working with a coach online or over the phone isn’t any different in terms of the technology.
- As your Coach, I have extensive training in how to use active listening skills to deeply and empathetically understand the issues you’re dealing with, even when we’re on the phone or on Skype. In fact many clients tell me that they find it easier to open up when we work online, because they are in their own environment with comfort and privacy.
- I don’t have to pass on expensive room hire fees or my travel costs to the cost of my coaching sessions, which saves you money!
So as we get more used to communicating and learning online, whether it's attending online events or taking part in online courses, then inevitably online coaching and counselling will become more common place and open it up to far more people than ever before.
Great! If you’d like to arrange a free 15min clarity call or simply want to find out more about online coaching, then drop me a line here. The clarity call is a free, no obligation phone chat where you can ask any questions you like about life and career coaching, and see if we’re a good fit to work together.